Sunday, October 12, 2014

Let's get shabby challenge #59

The Let's get shabby challenge #59 was to create a shelf on your layout. This one really had me thinking, but eventually I came up with something. I have cut a crochet doily in half, which I placed underneath my photo, added some bling and voila, I created a shelf. I think my problem initially was I was taking this too literally. This photo really wanted some shabby chic, I really think I've done this on this layout, also adding some rub ons, and flowers.
The background I created for this layout was inspired by a video created by Fiona Paltridge using different paint mediums, plus rub ons. I think I need to get a bit more practice in to create like Fiona does, lol. 
Thanks for looking at my layout.
Photo booth fun



11 comments:

  1. I love how you've embraced mixed media with such confidence. Popping in via the e2c blog hop and have decide I need to call in more often. You're creations are fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, I forget to say in my description I was inspired by your video, will correct that. Thanks for the love left here.

      Delete
  2. This looks wonderful.. very pretty too..and love that sequin bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra! Just popping in here from the E2C blog hop! wow! your LO looks fabulous! And FUN!! I love a good photo booth! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous page, Sandra. The background work looks amazing. Love the little shelf you have created. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, background and the picture is wonderful :))
    Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun photo to scrap!! Love your 'shelf' and the doily is perfect for that... looks fabulous! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layout:)
    Thank you for playing with Let`s Get Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layout Sandra...what a fun photo too!...love the use of the doily for your shelf..Thanks for playing along with us at lets get Shabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. I love the layering. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun background for a fun photo. Well done.

    ReplyDelete