Friday, January 16, 2015

Show Us Your Stuff January Challenge - DT layout

I would like to share with you that I have been selected as a Design Team member for the Show Us Your Stuff Challenge Blog for this year, and I'm feeling very honoured to be on the design team, my first one. This month the challenge is to create a layout using this very nice sketch by Amanda Hartmann:

So for my layout, I used these photos of my children Melanie and Kieran from a few years ago, having a paddle at Ocean Grove Beach, on our way home from a weekend at Torquay.
On my layout I decided not to use a portion of ricrac (almost looks likes waves), rather than taking it the whole way across the page. The title wasn't working in the bottom left hand corner for me, so I brought that up closer to the photos and used a small cluster instead in that corner. That is what a challenge is about isn't it, interpreting it to suit what works best, as long as the components are there.
For my handmade items, I used a button flair from D-lish Scraps, and a map marker from Charms Creations, 2 of my favourite Australian Designers of handmade items.
So here to share is my layout:
Ocean Grove Beach

Hope you feel inspired to give this challenge a go. 

1 comment:

  1. Love those candid photos and how you've worked the sketch so well. The splatters of colour on the sand themed paper really work well.

    ReplyDelete