Friday, February 27, 2015

D-lish Scraps February Cybercrop challenge by Cindy

This is the last of the challenges that I had a go at for the D-lish Scraps February Cybercrop, a challenge set by the talented Cindy Porter. This was Cindy's challenge:
For this challenge, I decided to use a photo from my recent hot air balloon ride with daughter Melanie, that we did on Australia Day. It was an awesome experience, riding high above the beautiful Yarra Valley. 
I die cut my title and the balloons from some burlap, using sizzix alpha dies and my favourite things balloon die and stamp set. That added my texture, along with the texture paste in the background. The metal embellishments were the Tim Holtz disc and the metal flowers. D-lish Scraps products used were the button flair (not the balloon one), journaling tag and the flowers, all found in store. 
With the background I used a Crafters Workshop template, and tried to emulate the look of the balloon, not sure it worked as I had it in mind, but it looks kind of funky anyway. 
Thanks for looking, and any comments you may leave. 
Experience


1 comment:

  1. Loving the background work and how you've used the hot air balloon embellies.. Great photo . Good job.

    ReplyDelete