Sunday, March 29, 2015

Scrapping Outback March Challenge

This month at Scrapping Outback, the challenge is to be inspired by the following image:
Having been on a recent scrapping retreat in South Australia, I packed up lots of kits, and once again I decided to give the Scrapping Outback challenge a go. These colours were perfect for a boy layout, so that's what I did, and used a photo of my nephew Lachlan, now aged 10, he is just getting too grown up. 
I gave this one a little change up on how I would normally lay down my papers and used strips of paper, and added some washi tape, and rug gripper for texture. I used a new stencil from Kaszazz for the background work and a Prima stamp, plus splatters of ink. The embellishment is leather die cut using a Tim Holtz die. My chipboard piece is the blue bracket. Love how this turned out, a bit more mature now he's getting bigger. 
Thanks for looking at my layout and any comments you may leave.
Growing Up


4 comments:

  1. Just love your page Sandra especially love how you have done the background. The colours look so good. Thank you for playing and hope you will play again next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous layout Sandra.....Love everything about it!!!
    Thank you for entering our challenge this month over at Scrapping Outback :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. Background work really compliments the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this 'boy' page. Embellies & background perfectly coordinated with the colours and the photo, including the 'blue-eyed' boy. just fabulous. Thanks for joining in this month. looking forward to seeing what you come up with in April ;)

    ReplyDelete