Friday, April 10, 2015

Overcoming Scrappers Block - scrapping with Charms Creations

So on Easter Monday afternoon, I sat down to do some scrapping, chores were done, family were happy, I had some time to do what I wanted to do. I looked at the current array of challenges for April and decided on one to do. I gathered my photo, got some papers out, decorated some cardstock, and then for the next 2.5 hours I shuffled the same papers around and achieved nothing except for a case of major frustration - argh - SCRAPPERS BLOCK.
The inspiration was not firing at all. I'm not sure why I couldn't do it, whether it was because I was a bit tired, I wasn't inspired by the challenge, whether I had too much going through my head, trying to achieve too much? Who knows? Maybe all of the above.
So I set it aside, and thought about just looking at something that wasn't challenge related, and that could be just a bit of fun. I found a photo of my mother from when they were visiting Melbourne at Christmas time. We had a day out at the Yarra Valley and visited the chocolaterie, which is awesome and a must visit when in Melbourne.
Anyway, I pulled out some Kraft cardstock and some Charms Creations, and I knew what I was going to do. These new arrows were the embellishments that inspired me to create my layout:
To my surprise, this all started to come together really quickly. I sprayed the cardstock with with Dylusions inks, and gathered some patterned papers that would compliment the photo. I was inspired by a recent class I did at E2C retreat with Kim Price, where she does a lot of layering of papers, to create my photo mat. I gathered a few more embellishments, all of this taking about half an hour. Then it was dinner time and the end of creating for the day. 3 days later I finally finished the layout, which took me about another hour and a half all up. Isn't it amazing how taking a break from something actually allows the mojo to flow again. 
In the end along with the Charms arrows, I included one of the new mini hearts. I love how these embellishments have helped me to create a fun and quirky layout, that didn't require a lot of overthinking. I carried over the arrow theme with the other arrows in the stickers and flair. 
So next time you get scrappers block, put aside what you are doing, and try just playing and having fun. 
Happy scrapping. 
One 4 Me



1 comment:

  1. Cool layout. The title is very amusing. Loving the embellishments

    ReplyDelete