Thursday, May 21, 2015

123 May challenge

For the May challenge at 123, the challenge is to use the following in a layout:
123 Challenge
I thought quite a while about this one, I don't love to use banners. I had no shortage of baby photos, we have had a baby explosion in our family, lol. But I just don't love banners! Don't know why, they look so cute, I love it when I see how other scrappers use them, but I feel I struggle with them. 
Anyway I finally bit the bullet, and pulled together a layout. I am not sure if I love it, but that's what challenges are for, to challenge our thinking.
So, I was actually inspired by the chenille image in the challenge graphic, and I have quite a bit of chenille in my stash, so thought I would use that with some flannel fabric to make my banner,. I ran the banner under my photo, it looked right there. I've used my beige in the cardstock and in the Charms Creations heart embellishment, and the flannel fabric. I have certainly used baby - in my title and the photo plus the journalling. I guess I have met the requirements of the challenge - still not sure if I love it. The little chippy bear is a Scrap FX design. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and any comments you may leave. 
New Baby


6 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the banner. It looks great that it's not all the same and I love the idea of embellishing over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute!!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at 123 Challenge Blog. Hugs, Merry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, the photo is adorable.. thanks for joining in with the 123 Challenge blog this month..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet layout Sandra, love the banner too. Thanks for joining us at 123 Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love how you created the banner...it's great that you challenged yourself because you nailed it! Thanks for joining us over @ 123 Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the chenille banner works a treat, and love that beary cute bear embellie. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete