Monday, May 25, 2015

Scrapping Outback May challenge

For the May challenge at Scrapping Outback, the white with a twist challenge, with inclusion of chipboard, is to be inspired by this image:
I love this colour combo, it is so fresh, and I have used it before in my scrapping. 
I chose this photo of myself and my friend Vicki, who came to Melbourne for a visit. We visited this quirky and quaint cafe for morning tea, for their specialty - scones - each scone is different, and has a name, such as Mabel, Mary, Hazel - very cute. The cafe is decorated with quaint retro decorations, so out of the 50's. So we had our scones and tea/coffee, and then wondered around the cafe, which had a pink caravan out the back, where one could partake of scones, chooks and an old outhouse - useable. Out the front was a bike, and a photo booth - so PHOTO OPPORTUNITY, lol. It was an enjoyable day. 
Anyway, I digress. for my layout, I stencilled with a TCW stencil and texture paste, then spread the aqua colour using Radiant Rain dauber, added a few flicks of red dylusions and green glimmer mist. A touch of stamping with Stampin up doily stamps, some cotton thread, and my decorations. The chipboard pieces are RW laser cuts, they've been in my stash for a while, but I really think they were meant for this layout, lol. I coloured them with wink of Stella. The papers and die cuts are Crate paper. I added a few small beads around as well. 
I love the quirkiness to this layout, as much as I loved the quirky cafe. Will be taking more visitors there for some scones and tea.
Thanks for looking at my layout, and any comments you may leave. 
Scones and Tea @ Jam and Cream


7 comments:

  1. What a FUN layout - love the layout and all the elements used.....very creative!!!
    Thank you for playing along again this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, I noticed you had trouble uploading to the blog - I added your layout picture for you (for some reason it took along time for the image to show up in the little box before you hit the enter button. All good now!!!
    Next time just wait a little longer for the image to show up when you enter it from your computer :) hopefully it will work properly next time - sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps. Yes, I was having issues. Still not sure which option I chose to get it to upload.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for joining us again this month, I love your funky background and the flower border chippie! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. full of fun LO! I love that blue heart & red background paper you've used to coordinate with all the detailed embellies and photos perfectly !! Thanks so much for entering our challenge again... hope to see you again next week (month lol)http://www.scrapping-outback.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/may-white-with-twist-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser! Such a fun page. A lovely lovely layout. Hope you will join us again next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your chipboard elements. They are so cute. Great page

    ReplyDelete