Saturday, June 20, 2015

Scrap the Girls June challenge

I haven't done a Scrap the Girls challenge for a while, so thought I might try it out this month. The June challenge is to be inspired by the following mood board:
I felt overwhelmed by the boldness of the board initially, but took a step back, and rethought the process. I ended up using small amounts of the colours on my layout, rather than too much boldness. The colours are gorgeous together, and I am happy with the overall softer approach to this layout. My inspiration came from the colours and the word love. 
I used a photo of niece Chloe, who was showing off her reading skills at a recent family catch up. Chloe has just turned 6. 
I used a really funky Dylusions alpha stencil, to feed into the theme of reading. I sprayed over this with Heidi Swapp mists and Prima colour bloom. I found some words from a really old tin of K & Co words to go - remember those? I managed to find some that represented words, stories and childhood., so have placed these randomly as a layer behind the photo. A few layers of patterned papers over this and then the embellishments. I added a Charms Creations spotty mini heavenly heart, plus crochet flowers and a hand dyed Green Tara tutu flower. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and any comments you may leave. 
Precious





8 comments:

  1. I love your soft approach to the mood board & made it work for you. And such a wonderful memory to scrap! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am finding the mood board this month a little challenging - Your page though is simply elegant! You can see the inspiration and it all just really works - very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, I love the light touches of colour- gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect matching background for your photo!! I like it!!....Thanks for joining us at STG

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Love it!! Thanks for playing along at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous page - and such a precious photo! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Sandra. gorgeous page, you've interpreted the mood board perfectly. thanks heaps for joining us at STG ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of the alpha stencil as background and how you've used those old quote pieces as part of the photo mat. Great page.

    ReplyDelete