Sunday, July 26, 2015

123 challenge Guest Designer for July

So, I was given the opportunity to be guest designer at 123 challenge blog, and the challenge for July is fluoro, the word kind and ribbon for the technique.
123 Challenge Blog
Now ordinarily, I would hesitate for such a theme, as I don't particularly like fluoro colours, but this theme worked perfectly for some photos from my 50th birthday last year, I had a 60's theme dress up party, and there were many fluoro colours on that night.
I started by adding some texture paste to the cardstock, then some colour using my gelatos. When I was looking through my stash of products, I was surprised to find that I had many items that actually work for the fluoro colours, especially the ribbon, which I have layed under the photo and matting. I punched around the matting layers randomly.
I had some really funky Charms Creations stars in bright fluoro colours as well, which worked perfectly, along with the after 5's flower. The little resin flowers are ones that I had on my cake table scattered around the cake, and the flower ribbon was in my stash as well. The word kind is in my title, describing this bunch of friends.
I am pretty pleased with how this layout turned out, it is fitting the theme of my birthday party album, lol.
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave.
The best kind of friends



No comments:

Post a Comment