Wednesday, July 29, 2015

D-lish Scraps July challenge

This month at D-lish Scraps, the inspiration board is this one:
When I finally got to sit and do this one, I really loved it. The colours are gorgeous, and the designs are just lovely. I really thought it would suit a boy layout, so I chose this photo of my brother and my nephew, at a day at the speedway. 
I drew inspiration from the chevron design and the word adventure. I also loved the sketch. I started by stenciling on the stars to the background, and added some subtle splatters of paint. 
I chose quite a few embellishments from my stash that have been available from D-lish Scraps - including the wood veneer words, the title word adventure, the enamel dotsand the date tag. I also added some embellishments from Charms Creations that I thought suited because of the colours in the board. 
This is a really clean layout for me, I had to refrain from using lots of mixed media. I am happy with its overall result though. 
Thanks for looking at my layout and any comments you may leave. 
Adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment