Friday, July 17, 2015

Off the Rails July Challenge

At Off the Rails Scrapbooking for July there are 2 moodboards to choose from. This is the one I chose:
It's very pretty and shabby chic, which I haven't done for a little while. 
I chose this photo of niece Erin and her new husband Steen, from their very recent wedding. It was a terribly cold and wet day here in Melbourne, but somehow Erin braved the cold in her pretty dress. 
From the moodboard I was inspired by the frame, the metal of the bottle carrier and the flowers. 
For my layout, I used this really old Basic Grey paper that had a sepia edge to it. I inked over this to make it more of the grey tones. I then stencilled over the background paper with texture paste, and added a bit of misting. I had this Stampin up stamp with the word happiness, which I stamped around the page. 
I die cut the silver paper with a sizzix die, sitting under the photo and matting  and then  I die cut some paper with this lovely Couture Creations die which is matting my photo. Over the photo I have added a framed transparency. I embellished using these lovely Prima flowers, a heavenly heart from Charms Creations to which I sewed on a metal charm,  added the sequins, trinket pin  and glass brads. The title is a transparency as well. 
I love the overall effect of this layout, I hope the new couple do too. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave. 
Happiness

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo and the colours on that page are so pretty! I love the subtlety of this page, it's so understated and elegant! Thank you for sharing with us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've used the mood board wonderfully to inspire your gorgeous layout. Your page is just so pretty. Thank you for joining this month's challenge at Off the Rails Scrapbooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so beautiful! I love the soft look you've created. If it was as cold then as it's been this week, I bet he was glad he was wearing a suit! Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at OTR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a romantic page with such soft effects. Love your stencil work. Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at OTR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So elegant and pretty... perfect for this mood board! Thank you for playing along with us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so beautiful!!!! Love this, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandra, this is so beautiful! You have done a fantastic job with this palette and I just love the clustering of the embellishments around the photo. (You know I love flowers! hehe) Thanks for playing along with us at OTR. :)

    ReplyDelete