Saturday, August 1, 2015

Show Us Your Stuff Design Team layout for August challenge

For the August challenge at Show Us Your Stuff, there is a really awesome moodboard to create from:
I just love everything about this moodboard, it is so versatile. 
This layout is what I created for my design team layout for this challenge. I chose this cute photo of nephew Levi, up on his fathers shoulders, photo taken recently on a family outing. 
I was inspired by the woodgrain, the colours, the tape measurements, burlap, string, the font styles and the word you. 
I chose a kaisercraft woodgrain patterned paper, to which I spread gesso and then some subtle paint colour to. I stamped using a date stamp randomly over the background. I added some really old patterned paper that had measuring tape images on it, (knew it would come in handy some day). Then I embellished using the chevrons, buttons, burlap, string and alphas. 
I have included 3 Charms Creations chevrons, as my handmade items. 
I hope you have a go at this challenge, it really does have endless possibilities, I might even have another go at it myself. 
It's fun being with you


No comments:

Post a Comment