Sunday, July 26, 2015

White With 1 July challenge - Marsala

For the July challenge at White With 1, the challenge is to scrap the Pantone colour for 2015 - Marsala:
[marsala4.jpg]
I will admit it, this one put me off, and I wasn't going to do it. However, I decided I would try, and I struggled with it, to get the right shade. It's a challenging colour  and not a colour I have in my stash, but a challenge is there to challenge! 
I thought this photo of my aunts wedding photo in the sepia tones, might work with this colour. I started with some acrylic paint, and used a script stencil over the cardstock. I die cut some shimmery paper for the first mat, then added some patterned paper and a transparency for the other matting behind the photo. I added some lace, pearl strip, another transparency, and some flowers. I also added some seed beads and some pearl brads. I really don't feel that adventurous with this layout, but I am happy with the end result.
Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave. 
Beautiful Moment


11 comments:

  1. Very beautiful page! Thank you for playing along with us at White with 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I love the script on the background and lovely photo too! Thanks for joining in with White With One this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Beautiful and thanks for joining us at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning heritage page, this colour was perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely layout. Thanks for playing along at White.. with 1 this month :) .. we hope you do so again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it was a challenging colour but you have done a beautiful job with it. Thanks for playing along at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at ww1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Beautiful page. Thanks for joining in with us at WW!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done.... your painted background is totally perfect! So glad you persisted - the page is amazing! Thanks for joining in at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layout, thanks for joining us at WW1

    ReplyDelete