Saturday, August 15, 2015

Deer and Fawn August Challenge

This month at Deer and Fawn, the challenge is  to create a layout about something you are thankful for, and using the image as inspiration, use flowers on the layout.
I decided to scrap about being thankful for such little things such as sunshine, spending time with a loved one, and coffee.
My husband and I recently celebrated our 27th anniversary, so we went away for it to a small town called Queenscliff - it is one of Victoria's historical towns. My husband took this photo of me, enjoying my coffee in the glorious winter sunshine. There is nothing better than sunshine in winter, and on this particular weekend, it was sunny the whole time, and it was wonderful to feel the sun on my face - I am very thankful for it, as a respite to the awful winter we have had. 
I chose some Basic Grey patterned papers, I inked around the edge of the cardstock with Kaisercraft stamps, added some texture paste, and embellished with a bunch of Prima flowers and some others that are layered under the Prima ones, Also a scattering of wood veneer and to top it off a Charms Creations butterfly heart. 
Thanks for looking at my layout and for any comments you may leave. 
Enjoy This



2 comments:

  1. What a great layout Sandra.....you do red so well! A lovely photo of you too......hanging out for sun here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS layout Sandra :) I live not far from Queenscliff and its a beautiful place.... Thanks for entering the challenge x

    ReplyDelete