Monday, August 24, 2015

Off the Rails August challenge

This month at Off the Rails, the challenge is to use this board and sketch as inspiration:
I loved the sketch a lot, and the inspiration board is cute.
I had a couple of photos in mind for this challenge, and in the end, chose this one of my daughter from a photo shoot she had done. Well, I am just a little happy with my overall layout, I guess it helps to have a decent photo to work with, lol. 
I created a background with a stencil, texture paste, and then embossed it with Tim Holtz embossing powder, stamped using a Prima stamp, and added some ink splatters. I had the Scrap FX chipboard which worked well, and so did the chipboard word title. I added my embellishments, including a Charms Creations butterfly heart. I added some brads, of which I have removed the backing prongs from, and just scattered them around the page. 
I was inspired by the music sheet paper, the heart and the butterflies. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave.
Beautiful

12 comments:

  1. Oh MY! This is divine....the heart looks beautiful.....you've done a great job using our Off the Rails colours and sketch, too. Gorgeous, gorgeous page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Sandra! The colours all work so well and the details are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty layout! Love all the embellishments you chose - goes perfectly with the colours of the mood palette. Also, an excellent take on the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout. Love the way you've interpreted the mood board and colour pallet. Thanks for joining in at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. Your background is simoly gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Sandra! Fab photo so perfectly scrapped! Thanks for joining in at Off The Rails.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning and beautiful.. awesome accents. thanks for playing along at OTRS

    ReplyDelete