Sunday, August 9, 2015

Scrapping Outback August challenge

This month at Scrapping Outback, the challenge is to be inspired by this image:
I was instantly drawn to the colours in this image, so vibrant, just lovely. I wish I had a cocktail photo that would have suited, lol. I didn't so, I settled for this photo of my adorable nephew Ethan. 
I stencilled with a Heidi Swapp template, which originally was done with yellow, but didn't work for the challenge that I created that for, so waste not want not, I went back over it with the blue, so a little bit of the yellow is peeping through. I stamped and dripped paint onto the background, then stitched the project life cards onto it, over the top of some cotton thread.
The chipboard piece was a piece I had from A2Z scraplets. It originally had the word BOY in the centre of the circle, but I didn't particularly like that, so cut that out, tucked the circle under the photo and then layed the word over the top. I coloured the chipboard with Zig wink of Stella brush, and highlighted the printed words on the circle in black. Ive embellished simply with a Charms Creations heart, a wooden bead and a button flair.
Thanks for looking at my layout and for any comments you may leave. 
Cute Boy




4 comments:

  1. This is so cute - I love everything about it!!!
    Especially the way you have used the chippie - great idea!!!
    Thankyou once again for supporting Scrapping Outback and joining in our challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra this is another beautiful page using some lovely elements on the page. Thank you for joining us and hope you will join us again next month for another great challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this one Sandra, the little hearts really look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra! Love your layout, love the messy stitching in the background! Thank you so very much for playing along with us at Scrapping Outback yet again!

    ReplyDelete