Friday, September 4, 2015

Kraft + September challenge

This month at Kraft+  the challenge is a sketch challenge, designed by Nifty Pixel. Here is the challenge:
Awesome challenge, with a great sketch. 
I don't do digital scrapping, so it's the paper and glue for me, lol. 
I chose to use the 3 photos in the sketch, and have pretty much kept to the sketch design, except to move my journaling over to the other side. My photos are of the full mine rising over the estuary at a gorgeous town called Mallacoota, where my husband and I holidayed earlier this year. The full moon was spectacular this particular night, and we had a great view of it from our accomodation. I decided to be very patient (with a glass of wine in hand) and took a timeline of photos of the moon rising. It was sensational watching it over the glassy water, with barely a cloud to obscure it. The reflection on the water was beautiful. 
I have kept the layout fairly monotone, trying to keep with the silver theme. I tucked my alphas just a little under the Sirrah Sarrah handmade paper, to replicate the moon coming from behind clouds. I stamped using a clock stamp to replicate the time theme. I also stamped on the DIY arrow from Charms Creations. I had some gorgeous Prima crystals in the silver colour as well, and found some buttons that fitted too. I am quite pleased with the overall effect. 
Thanks for looking at my layout and for any comments you may leave. 
Silvery Moon



4 comments:

  1. Looks magical....your page reflects that to perfection....love how you've kept is all silvery and subtle....& I must say, those alphas....I have some & I love them:) Gorgeous page as always! And as always, love seeing what you do with our K+ challenges :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...a very magical layout! Lovely take on the sketch...thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know by facebook how much I love this.
    Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Sandra. Love the subtle shimmers. Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete