Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September Scrap the Boys challenge

For the September challenge at Scrap the Boys, there is a sketch to use:
It's a great blokey sketch, but then could also be translated for a little dude as well, quite a few possibilities. 
I chose to do a blokes layout. I had this photo of my husband and his best mate taken at our daughters 21st birthday party, which was a Burlesque theme. An awful lot of the guys dressed as gangsters, which is what these 2 did. 
So for my layout, I wanted to try to achieve that feeling of money/flashiness etc.  
I had this patterned paper from a My Mind's Eye collection, with all the flashy silver on it. I used this as my inspiration with the sketch. I kept to a monochromatic theme, and added the bits of silver and bling to it- nothing wrong with bling on a blokes layout. I had this car paper clip, which I found at Office works, which I thought worked well. I also had one of the new embellishments that will be released soon at Charms Creations. I used the moustache with a DIY diamond, to which I stamped and added silver embossing powder. Diamonds are another touch that I felt went with the gangsters/money theme. I quite like the overall effect of this, no mixed media as such to speak of, but hey, that's ok. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and any comments you may leave. 
Gangster Style


6 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, I love the moustache!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cool Sandra. That paper is amazing and you have such a flair for layering and embellishments. Thanks for your ongoing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The moustache is the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and so perfectly balanced, Sandra!!...I like the moustache, too...Thank you so much for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh cooool gangster awesome. love you layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! Thanks for playing along with Scrap the Boys

    ReplyDelete