Monday, October 12, 2015

Scrap the Boys October challenge - Smile

For the October challenge at Scrap the Boys, the challenge is to be inspired by this moodboard:
I love the colours in this moodboard, great combination. I was inspired by the colours, the arrow and the woodgrain.
I chose a photo of my nephew Ethan for this challenge. 
For the background, I put the Coredinations cardstock over the top of a woodgrain stencil, and rubbed over it, to expose a subtle woodgrain look to the cardstock. I also stamped using an arrow stamp. 
I used a variety of Project Life journaling cards and patterned paper under the photo, and then added the embellishments - which include a chipboard arrow negative, a canvas cog and a Charms Creations heavenly heart. In both of the detail photos, you can also see a scattering of beads. 
The  other cluster I created also had arrows - wood veneer, a wood veneer word, which is my title, and a sticker, along with another cog and more beads.
I really like the overall effect of the layout, and of course my nephew is so cute. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave.
Smile







4 comments:

  1. Your layout is absolutely darling!!...I love your composition!! Thanks for playing with us STB. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Sandra! Such an awesome take on the board. Glad you joined us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the challenge, love the background effect. Thanks for playing along with STB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, loving your page! I love the elements that you used, like the beans and the background technique. Very arty!! Thank you for joining us with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete