Thursday, October 15, 2015

Timeless - D-lish Scraps DT share #3

This is the third of my shares, following on with the theme of adding texture to a layout.
I think this one is actually my favourite of the three, with all the rustic detail.
I started this layout, by mounting patterned paper onto cardstock and stitching it on, which in itself is a textural element.
I added gesso and mists to the patterned paper. To this I then added cotton twine, under my layers of patterned paper. In this close up you can also see I have used some of the many paper flowers available at D-lish Scraps, I have used the hydrangea petals and sweet petites. I have also added a wood veneer flower button.
I added a piece of torn corrugated cardboard under my photo, as well as some bits of torn lace, tucked in under the photo mat. Under my layers of patterned paper, I have added 2 different basic journal spots. You can also see in the cluster a Little Birdie mixed media burlap butterfly. The burlap butterfly helped to tie in the burlap alphas onto the layout.
So you can see, so many different textural elements, that can be added to a layout. 
Happy Scrapping. 
Timeless


3 comments:

  1. Really lovely layout! Such a fabulous photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old sheds & derelict buildings make great photographic subjects, and love how you've done this page.

    ReplyDelete