Sunday, January 24, 2016

Jot Magazine January moodboard challlenge

I haven't had a go at the Jot Magazine challenges for a little while, usually run out of time, or I just don't have the right photos for the challenges. Not this month. As soon as I say this moodboard, I knew just which photo to scrap. Here is the awesome moodboard:
COPYJanuary 2016 - Kim Archer
For this layout, I used a selfie photo of my daughter, that I just loved. I was inspired by the burlap, wood grain and twine. I hadn't set out to use a lot of mixed media on this layout, but ended up with a bit of it, funny how layouts can develop as you are making them. I distressed all of my paper edges, the background paper gave me the inspiration to do this. I just placed down layers and went with it. I used a lovely chipboard piece from 2 crafty, which I left natural. Of course I also added a Charms Creations Heavenly Heart
Life is a beautiful ride
I am really pleased with how this layout turned out, my daughter loves it too. 
Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave. 


4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous.. love the photo and how you have surrounded it with such beauty.. love this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great photo to start with and fits perfectly with the mood board - thanks for joining in with the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohh....So pretty Sandra!!
    Love this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sandra. Thanks for playing along with our Mood Board for January.. I am excited to let you know we have voted your layout our challenge winner. Yay. Please email me.. kim@kimarcher.com.au and I will organise your prize for you.. you have won a copy of our Jot eBook - The Lovely Christmas Handmade eBook (I know Christmas is over but it's filled with lots of handmade gift ideas..) KIM

    ReplyDelete