Sunday, January 3, 2016

Kraft + guest DT (for sponsor Charms Creations)

For the January challenge at Kraft plusCharms Creations is one of the sponsors, so I was fortunate enough to be one of the guest designers for the month - still would have done the challenge anyway, it's one of my faves.
This is the challenge for the month:
I don't mind my own handwriting, but it's not beautiful like some others - but it does the job, lol. my family reckon it's too hard to read. 
I had no problem in writing on this layout though, as I wanted to tell the story - so it worked perfectly for my layout. We had a 4wd vehicle that we had in our family for almost 20 years, that we needed to sell - it still worked well, it was a stalwart - it could do the job quite easily, but we no longer needed it. So my layout is about the day we said goodbye to it, when the new owner came to get it. 
On my layout, I used a stencil and texture gel. I applied more texture gel to some chipboard cogs, which I scattered around the page, as well as some Tim Holtz metal embellishments. I wanted this layout to be quite grungy. 

I used some of the Charms Creations arrows, which I rubbed with a bit of ink, to grunge them up a bit as well. I love that this layout tells a story. 
Why not have a go for yourself at this challenge, you might be surprised that your handwriting is befitting of it's place on a layout. 
Saying goodbye to QAD

No comments:

Post a Comment