Thursday, February 11, 2016

Kraft + challenge February

So the challenge at Kraft plus this month, is to use postage stamp related things:
Now I have a collection of old postage stamps, probably dating back to when I was a kid, coz that's what we did back in the olden days, lol. My dear grandfather was an avid stamp collector, and he got me started on collecting stamps. My father has inherited Poppa's lovely collection. Most of the stamps I have are not worth much, but they are really cool just for a challenge like this. I have been waiting for a moment to be able to use stamps on a layout, and yay, it arrived. I really did enjoy this challenge, and I had many ways I could have gone with this, as I do have so many different types of stamps - I was looking at dogs, butterflies, Australian landscapes, and to do another layout for my France album. 
Unfortunately, the stamps I had from our trip to France didn't really suit what I wanted to do, so I found these Australian flag stamps - perfect - to scrap a layout from our Anzac Day Dawn Service visit at Villers-Bretenoux in France. This was one of the most amazing days of my life ever, to experience this moment, and reflect, remember and try to imagine just how awful it must have been for the diggers. So I guess this is my tribute to the ANZAC Diggers who sacrificed so much, so that we may live as we do. 
I had this lovely chipboard title ready for this layout. It worked so well. 
I also added a lovely Charms Creations chevron.  
I really loved this challenge, and it's another layout for my album, yay. 
Thanks for looking at my layout and for any comments you may leave. 
Anzac Day





7 comments:

  1. Oh excellent stamps for your layout.. just love the photo.. a wonderful layout for this challenge as well as a very special layout to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you've poured a lot of love into this page..... love the colour combo, the little 'poppies' scattered around & especially how you've used the stamps. FABULOUS! Thanks for joining in with the K+ challenge this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful page! I love the theme and the Aussie flag stamps were perfect! Thanks for joining us at Kraft+.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Sandra. Love love love it, especially how the colours pop on the kraft. Thank you for playing along with K+ this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sandra... love it.
    We visited Villers Bretonoux last year...it was the most patriotic and yet heartwrenching place I have ever visited. We were so proud to be Aussies.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mardi. I agree, Anzac Day dawn service at Villers-Brettenoux, is possibly one of the proudest moments I've had to stand up and declare that I'm an Aussie. It was so moving, yet inspiring, and an amazing tribute to our fallen. An experience to treasure forever, and one I'd like to do again.

      Delete
  6. It's amazing how many of us have old stamps, guess stamps collecting isn't as popular as it once was. I love your layout, that photo, the design & of course, the stamps. Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ :)

    ReplyDelete