Monday, August 15, 2016

Show Us Your Stuff August Challenge

Can you believe it is August already? It will be Christmas before we know it. At least it is the last month of winter - yay to that.
This month at Show Us Your Stuff, we have a very interesting challenge.. Here it is:
So, it's time to get out those ugly papers in your stash and do something special with them. don't for get your handmade item.
For my layout, I chose a photo of a friends grand-daughter, she lights up any ugly paper, lol. I found some papers from an American Crafts pack, which I really didn't like very much, especially the green one. So with paper on my cardstock, I covered them all with gesso - great way to tone down and cover over things you don't like. I then used some modelling paste and a stencil which I applied over the gesso. 
The handmade item I have used on my layout, is a Charms Creations heavenly hessian heart
Don't be afraid of this challenge, embrace it. 
Watch me grow

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, love how you have softened the papers down!

    ReplyDelete