Sunday, September 18, 2016

Scrapbooking Top 50 2016 Block challenge

This post is my interpretation of the Week 2 challenge at Scrapbooking Tip 50 2016 Block challenge. Here is the inspiration:

I loved all the colour in this photo, the greens and pinks are very dominant, but I didn't want to use pink as a dominant colour in my layout, even though it is in the photo, doesn't seem right to me to use pink for boys, lol. So I went with the orange instead, with just a little pink. 
The wet mediums I used were texture paste, dylusions ink spray, glimmermist, and a new product I bought recently, Golden brand tar gel, which I mixed with acrylic paint, and then dribbled over the background. I learnt this technique recently in a class by Lisa Oxley using house paint. I think this product will be better, I will be able to colour it any colour I want. 
The texture in my layout comes in the form of the crochet lace, tulle, buttons, felt embellies from Charms Creations and Rainbow Splendour, flair from Funky Flairs Studio, and some enamel dots, wood veneer, wire arrow and twine. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave.
Milk 'stache


1 comment:

  1. Oh this looks wonderful.. that back ground looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete