Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Scrapbooking Top 50 December challenge

I decided to have a go at the challenge at Scrapbooking Top 50 this month, given it is a Christmas inspired challenge.
I loved the earthiness and rustic appeal of this moodboard. I had a photo of a Santa life art statue taken in the city, that I thought might be good for this challenge. However, I didn't have much in the way of wood inspired objects that would work. I altered a piece of music patterned paper with gesso, ink, stamping and crackle texture paste. I had a sheet of Kaisercraft stickers, a few years old now, and these worked well, so I took the inspiration for my layout from the flowers. I cut the stickers in half and layered them around the photo. I then found some wood veneer baubles and a star, and that gave me the wood element I was looking for. I think it turned out ok. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave. 
Santa in the city


5 comments:

  1. How lovely! and what a amazing Santa. Thank you for joining us at SBT50 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout and great take on the mood board. Thanks for playing along with the SBT50 challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous page Sandra! Thanks for joining us this month at SBT50

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,stunning layout and what an amazing Santa. Love your choice of layering and different elements to frame the photo. Thanks for joining us at SBT50

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this Sandra, i adore that Santa photo, so very very cool! love your colours and layering. Thank you so much for joining in this month at SBT50.

    ReplyDelete