Friday, August 14, 2015

Charms Creations DIY embellishment challenge - August

This month at Charms Creations, the challenge is to do something with your DIY embellishments. These embellishments are in the store currently, in a variety of shapes. I have been playing around with these a bit, so have finally done my layout for the challenge, to show you another way to use them.


I decided I wanted to use the triangle DIY's , and also added a heart to my layout. To them, I applied some rub-ons. The effect gives a very personalised embellishment, and you can see the triangles are all a little different. 
The trick though is to get rub-ons that are going to come off the backing and the top layer easily. There are some older rub-ons in my stash that are just no good, and I did have a problem with the title  - it didn't want to seperate easily. The ones on the DIY's were fine - they were Bella rub-ons. So if you do want to give this a go, choose your rub-ons carefully, do a trial run on some paper before you commit to your DIY's. 
Like Father, like Son



1 comment:

  1. Triangles are so in and I love this page! All the colours and different sizes and directions are awesome! Great page!

    ReplyDelete